Generic Name : GLUCAGON ABSTRACT – Glucagon is a glucose elevating agent that is used to treat low blood...
Depakote is a psycho-drug used to alter the chemicals within the brain that are responsible for causing seizures. Generally used to treat seizures and disorders involving seizures, Depakote is used for patients suffering from bipolar disorder that may have uncontrollable manic episodes. This drug is sometimes also used to treat severe migraine headaches.
- Depakote is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Drug consumption should not be stopped unless advised to.
- Always remain hydrated while on drug course, to avoid changing the strength of dosage due to lack of fluid intake.
- The oral tablet and the extended release tablet is to be consumed whole.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral tablet/delayed-release/extended-release – 125mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Mild stomach pain
- Imbalance, lack of coordination
- Weight gain
- Change in appetite
- Blurry vision
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Severe loss of appetite
- Upper stomach pain
- Dark urine
- Worsening seizures
- Signs of various inflammation
- Severe drowsiness
- Unusual bleeding
- Mood changes
- Problems related to liver and pancreas
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Depakote has major interactions with 16 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Depakote has moderate interactions with 273 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of depression, mental health issues, liver problems, history of urea cycle disorder within the family or an HIV infection.
- Do not consume this drug in case of liver disease, urea cycle disorder or genetic disorders such as Alper’s disease.
- Cooperate with frequent blood and urine tests to ensure regular health while on drug course.
- Notify the doctor of an approaching surgery prior to drug prescription, in case of one.
- Do not consume this drug for the treatment of migraines while pregnant, as it can cause severe harm.
- Avoid nursing while on drug course to avoid any sort of harm.
- Avoid alcohol while on drug course.
- Use protective clothing and sunscreen while using this drug, as it may make one sunburn more easily.