Generic Name : PIMECROLIMUS TOPICAL ABSTRACT – Elidel is used to treat skin diseases like Eczema in patients who...
Elidel is used to treat skin diseases like Eczema in patients who are not allowed to have other eczema medications like topical steroids. The drug is known to work as an immunosuppressant by reducing the immunity of the body so that the growth of atopic dermatitis is reduced on the skin. It relieves the patients with symptoms like redness, itching, and irritation on the skin. This medication belongs to the class of drugs called as Topical Calcineurin Inhibitors (TCIs).
- Elidel has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Adult and pediatric dosages:
Apply a thin layer of cream on the infected area twice a day and rub it gently.
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Dryness in throat
- Feeling of discomfort or illness
- Change in hearing
- Cold or flu-like symptoms
- Congestion (ear or nasal)
- Pain in the ear
- Ear drainage
- Joint pain
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle ache and pain
- Runny Nose and cough producing mucus
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Swelling of the eyelids, face, lips, hands, or feet
- Itchy, fluid-filled and raised bumps on just one area of the body
- Fast heartbeats
- Joint pain, stiffness or swelling
- Trouble in breathing or swallowing
- Blistering and irritation on the skin
- Blurred vision
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
MODERATE INTERACTIONS OF ELIDEL ARE:
Elidel has no major interactions and has moderate interactions with 5 different drugs.