Generic Name : MOMETASONE TOPICAL ABSTRACT – Elocon is a topical drug that is used to treat dermatological conditions...
Elocon is a topical drug that is used to treat dermatological conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and certain allergic reactions. This drug, a corticosteroid, reduces the chemical substances within the body that cause inflammation while reducing itching, swelling, redness and general irritation. Elocon is available as creams, lotions, ointments and solutions.
- Elocon is to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- This cream/ointment is to be applied on the affected area of the skin. Do not cover or bandage this area after application.
- This drug is to be applied as needed over the skin once in a day.
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Pus-filled bumps on the skin
- Mild acne
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Severe skin irritation/redness
- Blurry vision/eye pain
- Increased urination
- High blood sugar
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Elocon has moderate interactions with Omacetaxine and has extremely minor interactions with 44 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of any kind of skin infection or diabetic conditions.
- Be careful not to apply this cream over the chest area which may come in contact with a feeding newborn while nursing, to avoid harm to the child.
- Avoid applying this drug to the face, underarms or the groin unless advised by a doctor.v