Generic Name : EMPAGLIFLOZIN ABSTRACT – Empagliflozin is a medication drug that is generally used to control blood sugar...
Empagliflozin is a medication drug that is generally used to control blood sugar levels in patients that are suffering from type 2 diabetes mellitus. Apart from being a drug that expels excess glucose via the kidneys and the bloodstream, Empagliflozin is a prescription drug that is used to lower risks of strokes or heart conditions such as an attack/heart failure in patients that suffer from diabetic conditions as well as heart conditions. This drug is classified as an SGLT-2 Inhibitor.
- Empagliflozin is to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- This drug is to be consumed orally with or without food.
- Cooperate with exercise and diet plans that accompany the consumption of this drug.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral – 10mg orally once a day (initial dose)
- Upto 25mg orally once a day (maintenance dose)
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Bladder infections
- Vaginal yeast infection/irritations
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Difficulties in urinating
- High acidity levels within the blood
- Severe nausea and vomiting
- Severe bladder infection
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Empagliflozin has major interactions with Gatifloxacin.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Empagliflozin has moderate interactions with 325 different drugs.