Generic Name : ENALAPRIL ABSTRACT – Enalapril is a medication drug used to treat heart conditions, classified as an...
Enalapril is a medication drug used to treat heart conditions, classified as an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor (ACE inhibitor). This drug is used to curb hypertensive blood pressure in children and adults, while treating congestive heart failures by enabling the heart’s ability to pump blood as regularly as it is supposed to. This drug can be used for children as young as a month old.
- Enalapril is to be taken as directed by the doctors. This drug course may last for longer durations of time.
- This drug is to be consumed orally with or without food.
- Cooperate with exercise and diet plans that accompany the consumption of this drug.
- Unused oral solution is required to be disposed of within 60 days.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral – 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg, 20mg
- Liquid solution – 1.25mg/mL
SIDE EFFECTS –
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- High levels of potassium
- Unusual amount of bleeding
- Cold symptoms
- Lack of urination
- Heart flutters
- Slow palpitations
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Potassium acetate
Enalapril has major interactions with 34 different drugs.