Generic Name : ETANERCEPT ABSTRACT – Enbrel is a medication drug that is classified as a Tumor Necrosis Factor...
Enbrel is a medication drug that is classified as a Tumor Necrosis Factor Blocker (TNF Blocker). This drug is generally used to treat illnesses such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, plaque psoriasis, polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis and is used as preventive medication for joint damage. This drug acts by lowering TNF levels that are considered responsible for attacking regular cells during autoimmune disorders. This drug is also classified as an antirheumatic.
- Enbrel is to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- This drug is to be injected under the skin. Patient may be asked to dilute the injection with a separate liquid.
- Unused solution is required to be disposed of within 14 days.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Injection – 50mg in 1mL
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Pain or itching at the site of injection
- Stuffy nose
- Sore throat
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Easy bruising / bleeding
- Syndrome akin to lupus
- Vision problems
- Worsening psoriasis
- Shortness of breath
- Rapid weight gain
- Night sweats
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Enbrel has major interactions with 210 different drugs.