Generic Name : ESTRADIOL ORAL ABSTRACT – This medication is used as a female hormone especially by women who...
This medication is used as a female hormone especially by women who want to prevent the symptoms of menopause. Symptoms like dryness in vagina or hot flashes are experienced when the body makes estrogen is less amounts. The drug is also used to prevent bone loss which occurs after menopause. This drug is also available in the form of vaginal cream. Not only this, Estradiol is also used in combination with other drugs for treating cancer among men and women. The drug comes in different forms like oral tablet, topical gel, vaginal cream, or injections.
- Estradiol has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Adult dosages:
Injection- 1 to 5 mg intramuscularly every 3 to 4 weeks
- Oral Tablet- 1 to 2 mg orally once a day
- Topical gel- 1 pump of gel once a day, applied as a thin layer
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Thick, white vaginal discharge with mild or no odor
- Back pain
- Scaling of the nipple with redness and swelling
- Redness of the skin
- Change in vaginal discharge
- Clear or bloody discharge from the nipple
- Decrease in the amount of urine
- Itching or pain of the vagina or genital area
- Joint pain and stiffness
- Weight gain
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Runny nose
- Body ache or pain
- Sore throat
- Ear congestion
- Loss of voice
- Nasal congestion
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Tranexamic acid
Estradiol has major interactions with 7 different drugs.