Generic Name : ETODOLAC ABSTRACT – Etodolac is a medication drug that is used to treat pain or inflammations...
Etodolac is a medication drug that is used to treat pain or inflammations that pertain to osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. Being a Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID), Etodolac works by reducing the hormones and substances within the body that are responsible for pain and inflammations.
- Etodolac is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- The drug may take upto 2 weeks for symptoms to improve.
- The extended-release tablet must be swallowed whole without chewing or breaking.
- General dose is 300mg, taken twice or thrice a day. (Dependent on condition.)
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral – 200mg, 300mg, 400mg, 600mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Sore throat
- Mild itching or rashes
RARE SIDE EFFECTS –
- Symptoms of a heart attack/stroke
- Blurry vision
- Severe rash
- Rapid weight gain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Stomach bleeding
- Liver problems
- Kidney problems
- Severe anemic conditions
- Severe skin reactions
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Etodolac has major interactions with 65 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Etodolac has moderate interactions with 212 different drugs.