Generic Name : ACETAMINOPHEN, ASPIRIN AND CAFFEINE ABSTRACT – Excedrin is a combination drug composed of acetaminophen, aspirin and...
Excedrin is a combination drug composed of acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine. This drug is used to treat pain cause by a variety of illnesses such as tension, headache, migraine, muscle ache / cramps, toothaches, influenza, nasal congestion, arthritis, menstrual cramps and many other pain-inducing conditions. This drug works as a pain reliever by using aspirin to reduce chemicals in the body that are responsible for pain or inflammation. It also works to reduce fevers in patients by using the capabilities of acetaminophen, and caffeine which is a central nervous system stimulant that relaxes muscle contractions in and around blood vessels. Excedrin is simply classified as an ‘analgesic combination’.
- Excedrin is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- This drug can be taken with food or milk to avoid an upset stomach.
- This drug generally produces results within a week of drug course. Notify a doctor if this is not the case.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral – 250-250-65mg, 160-230-33mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Upset stomach
RARE SIDE EFFECTS –
- Severe skin reactions
- Bleeding/Bruising that may occur easily
- Stomach bleeding
- High levels of potassium
- Liver problems
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Excedrin has major interactions with 54 different drugs.