Generic Name : DAPAGLIFLOZIN ABSTRACT – Farxiga is an SGLT-2 inhibitor that is used to improve blood sugar levels...
Farxiga is an SGLT-2 inhibitor that is used to improve blood sugar levels in adult suffering from type-2 Diabetes Mellitus. This drug, accompanied by appropriate diet and exercise helps in maintaining stable blood sugar levels by enforcing the kidneys to expel excess glucose from the bloodstream.
- Farxiga is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- This drug is taken once a day in the morning with / without food.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral – 5mg, 10mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Excessive urination
- Sore throat
- Stuffy nose
- Genital yeast infections
RARE SIDE EFFECTS –
- Severe genital infections
- Lack of urination
- Bladder infection
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Farxiga has a major interaction with Gatifloxacin and moderate interactions with 309 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of illnesses and conditions such as liver / kidney disease, bladder infection / cancer, low blood pressure, pancreatic problems, alcoholism or in case of a low-salt diet.
- Do not use this drug in case of an allergy to Farxiga, or in case of severe kidney disease, bladder cancer or diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Inform the doctor of all the drugs being consumed so as to avoid severe drug interactions. Notify especially in case of the consumption of insulin or any diuretics.
- Do no consume this drug during the third trimester of pregnancy, to avoid severely dangerous side effects.
- Do not nurse while on drug course.
- Always remain hydrated while on drug course, as Farxiga can cause serious dehydration.
- Cooperate with regular blood sugar tests to ensure regular health.
- Keep out of reach of children. This drug is not approved for any individual under the age of 18.
- Consume sugary food in case of severe hypoglycemia or use a glucagon emergency injection kit to re-energize the patient to stability.
- Notify an examiner of drug intake prior to a medical test, as Farxiga can alter certain medical test results.
- Contact a doctor immediately in case of severe infections in the genital areas – notify on sight of symptoms such as burning, itching, discharge, swelling or extreme discomfort.
- Consult a doctor if the drug causes heavy nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.