Generic Name : FELODIPINE ABSTRACT – Felodipine is a medication drug that is used to treat hypertensive blood pressure...
Felodipine is a medication drug that is used to treat hypertensive blood pressure in adults, thus lowering any risk of strokes, heart attacks or other cardiovascular conditions that are harmful for one’s general health. Felodipine is classified as a calcium channel blocking agent.
- Felodipine is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- The tablet form must be swallowed whole and can be consumed with/without food.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral – 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg (once per day)
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Excessive sweating
RARE SIDE EFFECTS –
- Mild gum swelling
- Chest pain
- Rapid weight gain
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- St. John’s wort
Felodipine has major interactions with 13 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Calcium acetate
Felodipine has moderate interactions with 335 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of illnesses and conditions such as liver disease or congestive heart failure.
- Do not use this drug in case of an allergy to Felodipine itself.
- Strictly avoid using this drug during pregnancy as it may complicate labor and delivery.
- Do not nurse while on drug course.
- Inform the doctor of all the drugs being consumed so as to avoid severe drug interactions.
- Cooperate with regular blood pressure check-ups to ensure regular health while on drug course.
- Limit certain activities such as salt intake and smoking that may be detrimental to the progress of health. Manage diabetic and heart conditions with proper diet and exercise.