Generic Name : SACCHAROMYCES BOULARDII LYO ABSTRACT – Florastor, often consumed as herbal supplement or a probiotic, prevents the...
Florastor, often consumed as herbal supplement or a probiotic, prevents the growth of harmful bacteria within the stomach and the intestines. This drug is generally used to treat diarrhea in babies and children, to prevent the recurrence of diarrhea as well as in treating traveler’s diarrhea, which is known to be found in people who suffer from HIV and stomach ulcers. This drug is used in alternative medicines as enforces in preventing diarrhea caused due to the insertion of a feeding tube, or the consumption of antibiotics.
- Florastor is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- This drug can be taken with or without food. Drink at least 4 ounces of water after swallowing the medications. The oral powder may be mixed with this amount of water as well. Contents of an oral capsule can be sprinkled over food.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral – 250mg with mannan-oligosaccharides
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Gas bloating
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
This drug may interact with certain other vitamin / herbal supplements, about which information must be divulged with the doctor before consumption.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of illnesses and conditions such as a weak immune system, lactose intolerance and dehydration or in case of a central IV line.
- Do not use this drug in case of an allergy to Florastor itself.
- Inform the doctor of all the drugs being consumed so as to avoid severe drug interactions. Notify especially in case of antifungal/antiviral medications. Do not use this drug in case of the usage of certain antifungal medications, such as clotrimazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, nystatin or voriconazole.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.