Generic Name : FLUVOXAMINE ABSTRACT – Fluvoxamine is a medication drug recommended by psychiatrists to treat mental health conditions...
Fluvoxamine is a medication drug recommended by psychiatrists to treat mental health conditions such as social anxiety disorders, social phobias or obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). This drug is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor that strongly influences the imbalanced chemicals in the brain that are cause for specific disorders that involve obsessive-compulsive symptoms.
- Fluvoxamine is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- This drug is to be consumed whole (without chewing / breaking) at night, with / without food.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Initial – 50mg (tablet), 100mg (capsule)
- Maintenance – 100-300mg orally per day
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Upset stomach
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- Heavy menstrual periods
- Lack of sex drive
RARE SIDE EFFECTS –
- Serotonin syndrome
- Sever anxiety
- Worsening mood swings
- Blurry vision
- Changes in weight
- Unusual bleeding
- Low levels of sodium
- Severe nervous system reaction
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Fluvoxamine has major interactions with 102 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Fluvoxamine has moderate interactions with 496 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of illnesses and conditions such as liver / kidney diseases, narrow-angle glaucoma, hypertension, heart conditions, blood clot disorders, seizures and bipolar disorder or low levels of sodium within the blood.
- Do not use this drug in case of an allergy to Fluvoxamine itself.
- Do not consume this drug 14 days before or after using an MAO inhibitor, to avoid a serious drug interaction.
- Consuming this drug during pregnancy or nursing can cause severe problems in the newborn. Consult a doctor as to how to take this drug while pregnant.
- Inform the doctor of all the drugs being consumed so as to avoid severe drug interactions. Notify especially in case of the usage of NSAIDs, diuretics, blood thinners or sedatives.
- Avoid alcohol while on drug course.
- Keep out of reach of children. This drug is not approved for children under the age of 18.
- This drug can cause suicidal thoughts / behavior in certain youth. Always reach out for medical help in case it is needed.
- This drug can, after interacting with certain drugs, cause serious conditions such as serotonin syndrome. Consult a doctor with regards to the dosage and regulations to be followed while using this drug.
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.