Generic Name :HYDROCODONE-ACETAMINOPHEN ABSTRACT – Hydrocodone is a combination medication which is used by patients for reducing any...
Hydrocodone is a combination medication which is used by patients for reducing any type of moderate to serious pain in the body. Hydrocodone in the drug works as narcotic pain reliever while acetaminophen works as non-narcotic pain relaxer.
- Hydrocodone has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Adult dosages: Oral Tablet: 10 mg; 15 mg; 20 mg; 30 mg; 40 mg; 50 mg; 60 mg; 80 mg; 100 mg; 120 mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Bladder pain
- Runny nose
- Rapid weight gain
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- Body ache
- Sore throat
- Unusual weight gain or loss
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Back pain
- Dry mouth
- Muscle spasms
- Stomach discomfort
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Hydrocodone has major interactions with 189 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Hydrocodone has moderate interactions with 315 different drugs.
- This drug contains inactive ingredients which may result in allergic reactions. Do not take the drug in case you are allergic to morphine, hydromorphone or codeine
- It is necessary to discuss any medical history related to breathing disorders, kidney and liver diseases, family history of substance use, stomach and urinating problems, diarrhea, infections or tumors.
- Since this drug makes a person dizzy so activities like driving and others which need more attention should be avoided.
- Use of this drug show more sensitive symptoms on adults like confusion, drowsiness or constipation.
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH HYDROCODONE:
- Use of Hydrocodone in pregnancy may be acceptable only if the benefits exceed the risks involved.
- Studies in animal pregnancy have shown adverse effects on fetus. But no adequate studies have been found in humans to access the damage involved.
- It is not known if Hydrocodone transfers into breast milk. Preferable precautions must be taken during breast feeding.
- Diabetic patients should use this drug with more care as the medication has a mixture of liquid and sugar.
- Use of this medication is not considered safe and effective in children below 6 years of age as it can result in conditions like shallow breathing.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.