Generic Name :IBRUTINIB ABSTRACT- This medication is used in the process of cancer treatments. It works in the...
Imbruvica is used in the process of cancer treatments. It works in the body by restricting the growth of cancer cells in human body and helps in treating certain cancers like mantle cell lymphoma, marginal zone lymphoma, and small lymphatic lymphoma. The drug also helps in treating chronic graft-versus-host disease.
- Imbruvica has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Adult and pediatric dosages: Oral Tablet: 420 mg to 560 mg once daily
- Decreased appetite
- Bowel movement disorders
- Lack of strength
- Muscle stiffness
- Stomach discomfort
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Dark urine
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Skin rash
- Joint pain
- Light-colored stools
- Muscle pain
- Yellow fever vaccine
Imbruvica has major interactions with 160 different drugs. MODERATE INTERACTIONS OF IMBRUVICA ARE:
- Ketorolac ophthalmic
Imbruvica has moderate interactions with 167 different drugs.
- This drug contains inactive ingredients which may result in allergic reactions. So a pharmacist must be consulted before consuming it.
- It is necessary to discuss any medical history related to liver and kidney disease, blood clotting problems, irregular rate of heartbeat, any active infection, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Since this drug makes a person dizzy so activities like driving and others which need more attention should be avoided.
- This drug shows more sensitive symptoms on adults like high blood pressure.
- Vaccinations and immunizations are not recommended while using this drug.
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH IMBRUVICA:
- Use of Imatinib in pregnancy is not recommended without the consultation of the doctor.
- Studies in animal pregnancy have shown adverse effects on fetus. But no adequate studies have been found in humans to access the damage involved.
- Imatinib transfers into breast milk. Avoid breast-feeding until one month after the last dose of this drug.
- Both men and women should use birth control measures while consuming this medication to avoid pregnancy.
- Immediate action is required if there are any signs of internal bleeding, severe vomiting, pink or brown urine, and speech problems.
- The use of the drug has the risk of skin cancer.
- Use of this medication is not considered safe and effective in children below 12 years of age.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.