Generic Name :FERRIC CARBOXYMALTOSE ABSTRACT- Injectafer is used as an iron supplement which works as a replacement product. Iron...
Injectafer is used as an iron supplement which works as a replacement product. Iron is helpful in producing red blood cells in the body to carry oxygen to organs through blood. Body can easily get iron from the foods it consumes. This drug is helpful when there is an iron deficiency like in case of Anemia.
- Infliximab is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- Dosage: 750 mg ; 1500 mg
- High BP
RARE SIDE EFFECTS-
- Blurred vision
- Change in taste
Injectafer has major interactions with 2 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Carbonyl Iron
- Ferrous Fumarate
- Ferrous Gluconate
- Ferrous Sulfate
Injectafer has moderate interactions with 24 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of illnesses and conditions related to liver and high BP.
- Do not use this drug in case of an allergy to Injectafer itself. Consult doctor immediately in case of allergic reactions.
- Do not nurse while on drug course as it can affect the unborn baby.
- Use necessary precautions and birth control measures to prevent pregnancy during the drug course.
- Use this drug as per the doctor’s dosing instructions only.
- Do not overdose.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.