Generic Name :INSULIN ABSTRACT- Insulin is a type of hormone which helps in boosting the metabolism of the body...
Insulin is a type of hormone which helps in boosting the metabolism of the body by enhancing the energy levels. It works in the body by transferring sugar in the blood to body cells which helps in the production of protein and fat. Artificial insulin can be taken through injection when the body does not self-produce it. Injections are given according to the need of the body. It also depends on the type of diet, the exercise schedule and blood glucose level in the body.
- It has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Adult dosage: It depends on the requirement of the body
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Neurological deficits
- Bilateral presbyopia
- Heat in the body
- Abnormalities in platelet function
- Weight gain
- Decreased renal plasma flow
- Glomerular filtration rate
- Nalidixic acid
Insulin has major interactions with 15 different drugs. MODERATE INTERACTIONS OF INSULIN ARE:
It has moderate interactions with 295 different drugs.
- Any kind of allergies related to preservatives, food dyes, or animals should be discussed with the doctor before taking insulin.
- Older adults may develop the risk of low blood sugar in the initial stages of the treatment.
- Consumption of insulin might result in blurred vision and other side-effects.
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH INSULIN:
- Use of Insulin in pregnancy may be acceptable only if the benefits exceed the risks involved.
- Studies in animal pregnancy have shown adverse effects on fetus. But no adequate studies have been found in humans to access the damage involved.
- The amount of insulin needs to be controlled during pregnancy so as to control blood sugar level. Higher levels might results in weight gain or other birth defects in the child.
- It does not transfer into breast milk. It does not affect the infant. However, blood sugar levels should be checked frequently.
- Use of insulin is not considered safe and effective in children before puberty. It might cause sensitive effects on their health.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.