Generic Name :GUANFACINE ABSTRACT- Intuniv is used for treating the patients who are suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder...
Intuniv is used for treating the patients who are suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). The treatment includes the use of psychological, educational, and social measures. The medication works on the brain receptors for improving the memory, distraction and also control the impulse for attention. Use of the medication helps in moderating one’s temper and not losing it frequently. Further, the drug decreases the nerve impulses occurring in heart and blood vessels. It relaxes blood vessels for the purpose of reducing the blood pressure and ensuring smoother blood flow.
- Intuniv has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- It is advised to consume the tablet once in the morning and at the same time daily.
- Adult and pediatric dosages:
Oral Tablet: Begin with 1 mg per day
- Blurred vision
- Dryness of the mouth
- Stomach pain
- Weight gain
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Irregular heartbeats
- Mental depression
- Noisy breathing
- Decreased appetite
- Decreased sexual ability
- Dry, itching, or burning eyes
- Paleness of the skin
- Stomach discomfort
- Trouble with sleeping
- St. john’s wort
Intuniv has major interactions with 61 different drugs.
MODERATE INTERACTIONS OF INTUNIV ARE:
- Azilsartan medoxomil
Intuniv has moderate interactions with at 297 different drugs.
- This drug contains inactive ingredients which may result in allergic reactions. So a pharmacist must be consulted before consuming it.
- It is necessary to discuss any medical history related kidney disease, liver disease, blood pressure, mood disorders, depression, bipolar disorder, heart disease, or depression.
- Since this drug makes a person dizzy so activities like driving and others which need more attention should be avoided.
- Use of this drug show more sensitive symptoms on adults like confusion, drowsiness which may increase the risk of falling injuries.
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH INTUNIV:
- Use of Intuniv in pregnancy may be acceptable only if the benefits exceed the risks involved.
- Studies in animal pregnancy have shown adverse effects on fetus. But no adequate studies have been found in humans to access the damage involved.
- It is not known if Intuniv transfers into breast milk. Preferable precautions must be taken during breast feeding.
- Children are prone to the risk of mental instability or hallucinations.
- Patients must inform the doctor of all the prescribed, non-prescribed, and herbal drugs that is being consumed.
- The drug is used for treating the children who are at least 6 years of age.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.