Generic Name :ERTAPENEM ABSTRACT- Invanz medication works like an antibiotic for fighting bacterial infections. It helps in the treatment...
Invanz medication works like an antibiotic for fighting bacterial infections. It helps in the treatment of different infections like skin, lings, stomach, pelvis, and urinary tract. Infections arising out of surgery are also treated by this drug. The drug is also known as carbapenem-type antibiotic. The medication works in the body by restricting the growth of bacteria.
- Invanz has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- It is used by intravenous infusion till 14 days and through intramuscular injection till 7 days.
- Adult and pediatric dosages:
Oral Tablet: 1 gram for 13 years and older
15 mg for 3 months to 12 years.
- Burning sensations
- Discoloration of skin
- Redness of skin
- Skin rash
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Irritated skin
- Irregular heartbeat
- Stomach cramps
- Abdominal tenderness
- Loss of consciousness
- Irregular breathing
- Increased thirst
- Loss of bladder control
- Muscle spasm
- Swelling of eyes or eyelids
- Unusual weight loss
- Cholera vaccine, live
- Divalproex sodium
- Typhoid vaccine, live
- Valproic acid
Invanz has major interactions with 10 different drugs.
MODERATE INTERACTIONS OF INVANZ ARE:
- Ethinyl estradiol
- Indium oxyquinoline in-111
- Lindane topical
- Mycophenolate mofetil
- Mycophenolic acid
Invanz has moderate interactions with at 12 different drugs.
- This drug contains inactive ingredients which may result in allergic reactions. So a pharmacist must be consulted before consuming it.
- It is necessary to discuss any medical history related kidney disease, stomach infections, brain disorders, tumor, or seizures.
- It is not advised to go for vaccinations or immunizations.
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages like marijuana.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH INVANZ:
- Use of Invanz in pregnancy may be acceptable only if the benefits exceed the risks involved.
- Studies in animal pregnancy have shown adverse effects on fetus. But no adequate studies have been found in humans to access the damage involved.
- Invanz transfers into breast milk. Preferable precautions must be taken during breast feeding.
- Do not use the medicine if you are allergic to antibiotics.
- Patients who are not comfortable with numbing medicines like Lidocaine or Novocain should not inject this drug into muscle.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.