Generic Name :PALIPERIDONE ABSTRACT- Invega medication is an antipsychotic drug which treats the patients by moderating the chemical effects...
Invega medication is an antipsychotic drug which treats the patients by moderating the chemical effects in the brain. More specifically, the drug treats schizophrenia among adults and in children more than12 years of age.
- Invega has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Adult dosages:Oral Tablet: 6 mg once daily
- Pediatric dosages:Oral Tablet: 3 mg once daily
- Difficulty with speaking
- Irregular heartbeat
- Increase in body movements
- Loss of balancing control
- Muscle trembling
- Stiffness of the limbs
- Uncontrolled movements in the body
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Chest pain
- Cold sweats
- Difficulty with swallowing
- Increased blinking or spasms of the eyelid
- Increased blood pressure
- Muscle tightness
- Pain in the arms or legs
- Slurred speech
- Unusual facial expressions
- Unusual tiredness
Invega has major interactions with 81 different drugs.
MODERATE INTERACTIONS OF INVEGA ARE:
Invega has moderate interactions with at 483 different drugs.
- This drug contains inactive ingredients which may result in allergic reactions. So a pharmacist must be consulted before consuming it.
- It is necessary to discuss any medical history related to kidney disease, liver disease, stomach disorders, dementia, high cholesterol, heart disease, or breathing problems.
- Since this drug makes a person dizzy and also effect heart rhythm; so activities like driving and others which need more attention should be avoided.
- Use of this drug show more sensitive symptoms on adults like confusion, drowsiness which may increase the risk of falling injuries.
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH INVEGA:
- Use of Invega in pregnancy may be acceptable only if the benefits exceed the risks involved.
- Studies in animal pregnancy have shown adverse effects on fetus. But no adequate studies have been found in humans to access the damage involved.
- Consuming the drug in the last 3 months of pregnancy may lead to babies born with stiff muscles, breathing difficulties, or constant crying.
- Invega transfers into breast milk. Preferable precautions must be taken during breast feeding.
- Call the doctor immediately in case the muscles become very rigid on the consumption of the drug.
- Do not stay in too hot or cold temperatures as the drug makes the body more sensitive to extreme temperatures.
- The medication is not used in situation of psychotic disorders that are related to dementia.
- If the drug is used in dementia related conditions, then the patient may end up going through heart failure, pneumonia, or even abrupt death.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.