16 Aug 2019
Generic Name : PRASUGREL
Effient medication is used along with aspirin by the patients who are suffering from any kind of heart disorder. The use of this drug helps to avoid further problems related to blood vessels or heart like heart attack, blood clots, unstable angina. The drug operates in human body by preventing platelets from sticking together which can result in the formation of harmful blood clots. The effect of this drug helps to maintain a smooth flow of blood in the body.
- Effient has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- It should be taken with aspirin.
- The drug can be taken with or without food.
- Adult dosage:
Tablet: 5 mg, 10 mg
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Blurred vision
- Pounding in the ears
- Slow or fast heartbeats
- Black, tarry stools
- Bloating or swelling in the body
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Difficulty in breathing
- Irregular heartbeats
- Painful or difficulty in urination
- Rapid weight gain
- Sore throat
- Sores or ulcers on the lips or in the mouth
- Swollen glands
- Tightness in the chest
- Scratchy hands or feet
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Effient has major interactions with 80 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Effient has moderate interactions with 56 different drugs.
- Pharmacist must be consulted before the consumption of this drug as it contains components and inactive ingredients which may lead to allergic reactions.
- Any medical history regarding high blood pressure, heart disease, blood clotting, bleeding problems, and stomach ulcers should be disclosed to the doctor.
- Avoid activities which might involve injuries and sports during drug course.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH EFFIENT:
- Use of Effient in pregnancy may be acceptable only if the benefits exceed the risks involved.
- Studies in animal pregnancy have shown adverse effects on fetus. But no adequate studies have been found in humans to access the damage involved.
- Do not nurse while on drug course, as this drug may transfer through breast milk and may harm a newborn.
- This drug is not recommended for children.
- The medicine might result in stomach bleeding so the use of alcoholic beverages should be prevented.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.