06 Aug 2019
Generic Name : GALCANEZUMAB
Emgality is a prescription drug that is generally used to treat cluster headaches in adults. This drug is also used as a preventive medication for migraine headaches. Emgality works as a calcitonin-gene related peptide antagonist by selectively binding to the CGRP entities directly.
- This drug is to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- This drug is injected under the skin. Generally, patients are taught to inject this medication on their own.
- Emgality is generally given once per month after an initial dosing period.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Injection/Solution – 240mg, 120mg (maintenance dose)
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Itching or redness at injection site
- Allergic reactions
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Emgality does not have any known interactions with drugs.
- Do not consume this drug in case of an allergy to Emgality itself.
- Nursing while on drug course may not be safe. Consult a doctor before breastfeeding while using Emgality.
- Medication must be used within 7 days of purchase. Do not use this drug in case the medication has changed color or has strange particles within it.
- Dispose of the prefilled syringe/pen after usage.
- Do not inject this medication into bruised skin or skin affected with rashes.
- Keep out of reach of children. This drug is not approved for any individual under the age of 18.
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.