22 Aug 2019
Generic Name : FLUTICASONE INHALATION
Fluticasone Inhalation is a corticosteroid that is used to prevent the occurrence of asthma attacks. Often taken in combination with steroids, Fluticasone prevents asthmatic attacks by lowering the frequency of substance releases that are considered responsible for inflammations in the body.
- Fluticasone is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects. Dosage is subject to variation, dependent on condition or approaching surgeries.
- The HFA form of this drug (to be stored with mouthpiece downward) is to be sprayed and inhaled, for the mouth and the lungs. The Diskus form of this drug appears as fluticasone powder to be loaded with blister packs onto an inhaler.
- Dispose of unused medicine 6 weeks / 2 months after opening the foil pouch.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Inhalation – Fluticasone Propionate 44ug
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Low fever
- Change in voice
- Upset stomach
RARE SIDE EFFECTS –
- Extreme weakness
- Inflammation of blood vessels
- Liver problems
- Worsening of asthma
- Blurry vision
- Severe nausea and vomiting
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Fluticasone has major interactions with 26 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Fluticasone has moderate interactions with 26 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of illnesses and conditions such as glaucoma, infections, tuberculosis, herpes infection of the eyes, liver disease, osteoporosis or a weakened immune system.
- Dosage may be subject to variation in case of newly developed infections, stress or surgeries. Stick to a prescription that shall be provided by a doctor.
- Rinse the mouth with water (without swallowing) after using this drug, to prevent yeast infections within the mouth.
- In case the patient is switching to Fluticasone after using steroids, it is advised not to stop consuming the steroids immediately, so as to reduce sudden aggravating symptoms.
- Do not use this drug in case of an allergy to Fluticasone (Diskus) or milk proteins.
- Inform the doctor of all the drugs being consumed so as to avoid severe drug interactions. Notify especially in case of antibiotics, antifungal / antiviral medications or steroids.
- Breast-feeding while using this drug may not be safe. Consult a doctor regarding the same before usage of drug.
- Keep out of reach of children. This drug is not recommended for children under the age of 4. Adult supervision is recommended during drug administering.
- Keep the patient safe in sanitary conditions away from infections, as much as possible.
- This drug is strictly not to be used during an asthma attack, as it is not a rescue medication.
- Long-term usage of this drug can lead to variation in the growth rates of children, glaucoma, cataracts, changes in body fat, menstrual problems or lack of sex drive in adults.
- Long-term usage of this drug can lead to severe osteoporosis, especially in case of an unhealthy lifestyle excluding exercise. Consult a doctor regarding lifestyle habits while using this drug.
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.