05 May 2019
Hypertension is also known as high blood pressure, it’s a common medical condition which can be caused to any individual. The long-term force of the blood is insistently elevated against the artery walls of the blood vessels causes other health issues like heart disease. The pressure depends upon the amount of blood heart pumps and resistance of the flow of blood in the arteries.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Kidney and thyroid disorders
- Adrenal gland tumors/li>
- Medications, such as birth control pills, cold remedies, over-the-counter pain relievers
- Intake of illegal drugs
- Heavy sweating
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS –
There is no specific symptom, hypertension is often a silent killer. However, in severe cases, following are the signs and symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Nose bleeding
- Heart attack or stroke
- Aneurysm i.e. swelling in a blood vessel
- Heart failure
- Weakened, narrowed blood vessels in the kidneys
- Torned and thickened blood vessels in eyes
- Metabolic syndrome leading to heart disease
- Memory problems
Sphygmomanometer to measure BP and other blood pressure measuring machines.
- Healthy diet
- Reduce the salt intake
- Exercise regularly for fitness
- Maintain weight
- Medications like diuretics, ACE inhibitors and calcium channel blockers
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Estimation shows that around one billion people gets affected due to hypertension all around the world.
- The prevalence of this condition is approximately 29.2% in males and 24.8% in females.