25 Oct 2019
Generic Name :ISOSORBIDE MONONITRATE
Imdur drug medication is used to prevent pain arising in chest due to heart conditions like coronary artery disease. It belongs to a class of medications called as nitrates. The drug works in the body by helping an easier blood flow through relaxation of blood vessels. It does not help in relieving chest pain that arises out of physical activities.
- Imdur has to be taken as directed by the doctors.
- Adult and pediatric dosages:
Oral Tablet: 30 mg or 60 mg once daily
- Acidic stomach
- Back pain
- Breast pain
- Noisy breathing
- Poor concentration
- Stomach discomfort
- Terrifying dreams causing sleep disturbances
- Tooth disorder
- Change in voice
- Weight loss
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Dark urine
- Pale skin
- Rapid heart rate
- Sodium nitrite
Imdur has major interactions with 8 different drugs.
MODERATE INTERACTIONS OF IMDUR DRUG ARE:
Imdur has moderate interactions with 145 different drugs.
- This drug contains inactive ingredients which may result in allergic reactions. So a pharmacist must be consulted before consuming it.
- It is necessary to discuss any medical history related to low blood pressure and low blood sugar levels in the body.
- Since this drug makes a person dizzy so activities like driving and others which need more attention should be avoided.
- Use of this drug show more sensitive symptoms on adults like confusion, drowsiness which may increase the risk of falling injuries.
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages like marijuana.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION WITH IMDUR:
- Use of Imdur in pregnancy may be acceptable only if the benefits exceed the risks involved.
- Studies in animal pregnancy have shown adverse effects on fetus. But no adequate studies have been found in humans to access the damage involved.
- It is not known if Imdur transfers into breast milk. Preferable precautions must be taken during breast feeding.
- It might cause severe low blood pressure if mixed with other drugs.
- Seek emergency medical care in case of early symptoms of a heart attack.
- The drug causes the risk of a serious angina attack if stopped suddenly.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.