23 Dec 2019
Itraconazole is used as an antifungal medicine to treat fungal infections. Fungus can grow and affect any body part like nails, mouth, lungs etc and this drug can be used to treat them. There are different brands of Itraconazole available in the market but cannot be used in treating infections of nails.
- Itraconazole is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose, medication faults or other harmful effects.
- Adult dosages:Oral Tablet: 100 mg ; 200 mgOral Solution: 10 mg/mL (150 ml)
- Muscle cramps
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in breathing
- Increased dehydration
- Irregular heartbeats
RARE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Bleeding in gums
- Vision loss
- Night blindness
- Scaly and cracks in skin
- Irritation in eyes
- Hearing loss
- Joint pain
Itraconazole has major interactions with 169 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Itraconazole has moderate interactions with 169 different drugs.
- Provide the doctor with a detailed and accurate medical history prior to drug prescription. Notify especially in case of illnesses and conditions related to heart, liver and kidney.
- It can affect the unborn baby hence use necessary precautions and birth control measures to prevent pregnancy during the drug course and 2 months after the last dose.
- This drug can cause life threatening side effects if taken along with certain drugs. Discuss about the medications and side effects beforehand and take accordingly.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.