02 Apr 2019
Kidney is a significant organ of the body that filters the blood and remove excess water and waste from the body. When nephrons (the units of the kidney) become inflamed, it is known as Nephritis which results in improper functioning of the kidney along with various other effects on the body. This inflammation is also known as Glomerulonephritis. Occurrence of this condition varies from person to person where some may have a sudden and severe symptoms, others may have gradually growing symptoms. Nephritis found at early stages can be easily treated but delay in diagnosis and treatment may worsen the condition that might lead to severe effects on body and daily routine.
- Infections such as HIV, Hepatitis B or C
- Over consumption of OTC medications
- Alcohol abuse
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS –
- Alteration in urination routines
- Difference in the color of urine
- Swollen hands, legs and feet
- Presence of blood in urine
- Froth in urine
- Kidney checkup
- Blood Test
- Urine Test
- Prescribed Medications such as water pills to control BP and swelling
- Home care like suitable diet and proper water intake
RISK FACTORS –
- Quit smoking and alcohol consumption
- Maintain BP and sugar level
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain weight
- Balanced and healthy diet
- The studies had showed that the kidney diseases affects around 850 million people worldwide.
- Nearly 10% of Males and 12% of females suffers from this condition every year.