SEVERE ACUTE RESPIRATORY SYNDROME
12 Jul 2019
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome is highly contagious respiratory illness and spreads very quickly. A Coronavirus is a common virus responsible for upper respiratory tract illness. This condition is life threatening. Coronavirus is from the same family of virus which causes common cold.
- Strains of coronavirus
- Droplets from infected person
- Infected animals
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS –
- High fever and chills
- Dry cough
- Muscle pain
- Swelling in lungs
- Breathing problems
- Heart and liver failure
- Lab Test
- Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) Testing
- Serologic Tests
It is still under process. Scientists are working to find effective treatment for SARS. Temporary treatment can be given using:
- Medications such as antivirals, steroids to reduce swelling and antibiotics
- Ventilator where oxygen supplementation is required
- Maintain hygiene
- Wear disposable gloves and mask
- Avoid using items like clothes and utensils of infected individual
- Nearly 4% of the total global population suffers from Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome annually.
- Young adults are majorly prone to get affected from this condition irrespective of gender.