18 Jun 2019
Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver, a condition commonly caused through a viral infection or other infections such as autoimmune hepatitis and toxic substances like alcohol and certain drugs. Autoimmune hepatitis occurs when the body generates antibodies against its own liver tissues.Types –
- Type A – It is caused by HAV transmitted through contaminated water or food or an infected person.
- Type B – It is transmitted by infectious body fluids like vaginal secretions or semen containing HBV.
- Type C – It is caused by HCV through sexual intercourse or drug consumption.
- Type D – It is a rare condition caused by HDV, generates by conjunction with hepatitis B.s
- Type E – It is a waterborne disease caused by HEV.
- Excessive use of alcohol and other toxins
- Contaminated food or water
- Viruses and infection
- Autoimmune system reaction
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS –
- Flu like cold, cough and sneezing
- Yellow colored urine
- Pastel stools
- Pain in the abdomen
- Lack of appetite
- Weight loss
- Physical examination
- Liver test and biopsy
- Blood test
- Ultra sound
- Maintain good and personal hygiene
- Avoid consumption of raw or undercooked shellfish and oysters
- Don’t share other’s drug needles, razors, toothbrush etc
- Vaccination for Hepatitis A and B
- Antiviral medications
- Frequent medical evaluation, monitoring and check-ups
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Intake of corticosteroids to treat Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Nearly 1.4 million people gets affected from Viral Hepatitis.
- It’s a severe disease resulting in multiple mortalities which is increasing every year.