Generic Name : CANNABIDIOL ABSTRACT – Classified as an anticonvulsant, Epidiolex is a medication drug that is used to...
Classified as an anticonvulsant, Epidiolex is a medication drug that is used to treat and control seizures and convulsions in patients as young as 2 years old, who suffers from Dravet syndrome or Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. This drug is controlled under the Controlled Substances Act and is to be used only as needed.
- Epidiolex is to be taken as directed by the doctors. Consume this drug only as prescribed to avoid overdose or other harmful effects.
- This drug is to be taken with/without food at the same time twice a day.
- Unused liquid is to be disposed of 12 weeks after opening of the bottle.
- General Adult Dosage available:
Oral – 2.5mg/kg initial dose (twice a day)
- 5mg/kg maintenance dose (twice a day)
SIDE EFFECTS –
- Changes in appetite
- Abnormal liver function test results
RARE SIDE EFFECTS –
- Behavioral changes
- Panic attacks
- Symptoms of liver problems
DRUG INTERACTIONS –
- Sodium oxybate
Epidiolex has major interactions with 8 different drugs.
MODERATE DRUG INTERACTIONS –
Epidiolex has moderate interactions with 497 different drugs.